Mentoring Program 2018
Registration - Intake 1 Kick Off Event
REGISTRATIONS OPEN to all mentees and mentors attending the PMI Sydney Chapter Mentoring Intake 1 2018
Mentors and Mentees who are participating in the PMI Mentoring Intake1 2018.
Your MENTEE registration fee covers the cost of professional training by a specialist training organisation, and includes management support from the PMI Sydney Chapter mentoring team throughout the full term of the Intake.
PMI Sydney Chapter INTAKE 1 Mentees
Sydney Chapter Member price
$125 ($137.50 incl. GST)
Fee also includes light refeshments
INTAKE KICKOFF meeting Agenda and benefits:
Many people embark on a mentoring relationship with little idea about how best to conduct themselves, what to ask their mentor or how to get the most out of their mentoring relationship.
Whilst the ‘rules of engagement’ are mostly common sense, it is important that mentees participating in a formal mentoring program attend a short training course to help them capitalise on this opportunity and ensure that mentee and mentor expectations are aligned.
We know that without training, two-thirds of mentor-mentee relationships are likely to end in some disappointment.
Therefore, to ensure all our members have the best chance of a rewarding experience from the program, and that you come prepared for your relationship with your mentor, this mentee training is supplied as part of the PMI Mentoring program. You learn not only about your mentoring relationship but included is a set of tools and techniques you can use with your mentor throughout the program and beyond.
1. Understand the basics of mentoring, how to be an effective mentee and derive the most benefit you can from your mentoring relationship
2. Have increased insight into the kind of issues, on which it would be useful for you to seek mentoring
3. Appreciate how to manage and drive the mentoring relationship and what a mentee is responsible for
4. Recognise the key skills you will need and mentoring style you might need your mentor to use
5. Appreciate the importance of planning for meetings and what an effective meeting looks like
6. Be alert to the things that can go wrong in mentoring relationships and how to avoid them
This training is targeted at Sydney Chapter members who have been accepted as mentees in the Mentoring program.
Area of Focus:
The program will be a blended learning experience of presentation and experiential learning.
The York Conference and Function Centre - Level 2, 99 York Street, Sydney 2000
Thursday 15th February, 6:00pm-9:00pm.
|Event End Date||15-02-2018|
|Registration Start Date||08-02-2018|
|Cut off date||05-03-2018|
|Individual Price||Registration - Invitation Only|
|Location||The York Conference and Function Centre|