2017 Mentoring Program Intake #2
REGISTRATIONS OPEN - All mentees and mentors must register to participate in the PMI Mentoring Intake 2017!!
Mentors and Mentees who have applied and been accepted to the PMI Mentoring Program 2017
PMI Sydney Chapter INTAKE 1 Mentees
Sydney Chapter Member price
$125 ($137.50 incl. GST)
Fee includes light refeshments
Mentoring Program 2017
Registration - INTAKE 2 Kick Off Meeting and Mentee Training
Your registration fee covers the cost of providing professional training by a specialist Training organisation, and support from the PMI Sydney Chapter mentroing team throughout the full term of the Intake.
INTAKE KICKOFF meeting Content:
- Overview of Mentoring program
- Opportunity for Mentors and Mentees to have their initial face to face meeting
- Mentee Training by Professional Training Organisation
- Matched to a Mentor who will share a minimum of 10hrs of mentoring
- Professional Development Units
Many people embark on a mentoring relationship with little idea about how best to conduct themselves, what to ask their mentor and how to get the most they can from being in a mentoring relationship. Whilst the ‘rules of engagement’ are mostly common sense, it is important that mentees in a formal mentoring program attend a short training course to help them capitalise on the opportunity and ensure that mentee and mentor expectations are aligned. We know that without such training, two-thirds of mentor-mentee relationships are likely to end in some disappointment.
So to ensure all our participants have the best chance of reward from the program, and that you come prepared for your relationship with your mentor, this mentee training is supplied as part of the mentor program. You learn not only about the relationship you will have, but a set of tools and techniques you can use with your mentor throughout the program.
1. Understand the basics of mentoring, how to be an effective mentee and derive the most benefit you can from your mentoring relationship
2. Have increased insight into the kind of issues, on which it would be useful for you to seek mentoring
3. Appreciate how to manage and drive the mentoring relationship and what a mentee is responsible for
4. Recognise the key skills you will need and mentoring style you might need your mentor to use
5. Appreciate the importance of planning for meetings and what an effective meeting looks like
6. Be alert to the things that can go wrong in mentoring relationships and how to avoid them
This training is targeted at Sydney Chapter members who have applied and been accepted as mentees in the Mentoring program.
Area of Focus:
Project management professional development
The program will be a blended learning experience of presentation and experiential learning
The York Conference and Function Centre - Level 2, 99 York Street, Sydney 2000
Thursday 29th June, 6:30pm-9:30pm. Note: Training will be delivered directly after the Intake presentation.
NB: If you are a PMI Sydney Chapter member, before registering for this event please be sure to first log in to www.pmisydney.org via the home page. Refunds will not be given for members that have not logged in first. If you have an issue logging in before registering for the event, please contact mentoringad"pmisydney.org with your request and do not register until the issue is resolved.