The PMI membership is open to anyone who is interested in the Project Management Profession - no qualifications or experience is required. You do not have to be certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP®) in order to join PMI - that is an optional certification.
You will receive all benefits of PMI members globally, including:
- Digital version of the latest edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®)
- Subscriptions to PM Network®, Project Management Journal® and PMI Today®
- Access to the Member’s Only Area of the USA PMI Web site
- Exclusive access to the resource library www.projectmanagement.com
- Discounted USA PMI Congress registration
- Be part of the largest project management community with over 500,000 members worldwide
As a PMI Sydney Chapter member, you will also receive additional benefits that will advance your project management career and develop your professional knowledge.
- Exclusive Sydney Chapter Education and Networking Events
- PMP® and other certifications examination preparation Sessions
- Other education and training sessions for self-development
- Monthly Chapter session with key industry speakers
- Sydney Chapter networking events
- Informative Sydney based breakfast sessions
- A discount to the national PMI Conference
- Members can attend our chapter events free of charge
- Opportunity to become a volunteer and grow as a leader in project management
Update your PMI Membership or add the PMI Sydney Chapter to your Existing Membership by visiting PMI.
2. On the left-hand side of the new screen choose the ‘Chapters and Communities’ link, then ‘My communities’ from the expanded drop-down list.
3. At the top of the screen select ‘find Chapters’ and find and select the Sydney Chapter to start the joining or renewal process.
Have you forgotten your password? No problem; just ask for a new one. Send a brief note with your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org .
PMI Global Membership
Join using the secure online membership facility. Please note that this link takes you to an external site owned by PMI Head Office which is not managed by your local PMI Sydney Chapter.
You can only apply for membership, renew your existing membership or select Sydney Chapter Membership with PMI Global and the Chapter will automatically include you on our mailing lists.
Individual membership application fee:
- USD $129 to join (plus USD $10 application joining fee)
- USD $129 to renew p.a.
PMI Sydney Chapter Membership
When applying for your PMI Membership, consider joining the Sydney Chapter (select Sydney Chapter as your PMI Chapter of choice), application fee:
- US$60 p.a. (to join and renew)
Please note that you must be a member of PMI to join the Chapter.
Joining as a Company
If you think a number of people from your organization may wish to join PMI and the Sydney Chapter please contact our Membership Director and we would be delighted to present a quick session at your premises at a time convenient for you outlining PMI Benefits, Certification and Q&A.
PMI also has Corporate Memberships which are available through a Group Billing Plan.
Joining as a Student
Student membership in the Project Management Institute is open to students currently enrolled full time in a degree granting program at an accredited college or university. Applicants must enclose verification of current enrolment with a completed a Membership Application from PMI website (www.pmi.org).
Students who wish to become Sydney Chapter Members can apply for Student Membership through the Project Management Institute on a reduced application fee:
- USD $32 p.a. (to join and renew)